I, like many others have been following the Ruchika Girhotra case on TV. Like it does to all things the Television media perhaps stepped on the gas a little too much. SPS Rathore - a former Haryana DGP supposedly got away easily after abetting Ruchika to suicide. The legality of the case aside, I particularly liked one statement that Rathore made today to the preying media and wanted to record it on my blog:
“The day you can satisfy me that you are the constitutional power to decide on these judicial matters I will speak”
I somehow sympathize with this observation that the media in India -itself victimized by the TRP race - is overstepping a little too often. Its time perhaps the media learns the fine art of balancing between being a watchdog of the constitutional systems and itself trying to become one.

Agree with that... It is the over sensationalizing things by the media which will lead to crying wolf situation not very far from today, where real issues are just left off as a media creation.
ReplyDeleteOnce they tarnish the image of the person by teir own judgment, these news channels don't event bother to tender an apology if the person is proved to be innocent. No news channel bothered to tender an apology for Aarushi's father.